Effective Date: 20 November 2019
Notice Version: 1.2
Data Controller Contact Information:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also use the contacts form on the Website to contact us. www.salemania.com.au
Table of Contents
- Your Rights
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How Your Information Is Used and Shared
- Retaining and Destroying Your PD
- Updating Your PD
- Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
- Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
- Do Not Track Settings
- Links to Other Websites
- Protecting Children’s Privacy
- Our Email Policy
- Our Security Policy
- Use of Your Credit Card
- Transferring PD from the European Union
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
‘NONPERSONAL DATA’ (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
‘PERSONAL DATA’ (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. PD is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, PD is broader in scope and covers more data. (GDPR) means General Data Protection Regulation.
The terms “us”, “we”, and “our” refer to Sale Mania and the owner of Sale Mania. Our services may include and not be limited to our Website, Mobile Application, Facebook Page, Instagram, Linkedin and other Social Media Sources.
The term “You” refers to everyone who downloads, accesses and uses Sale Mania . This includes both General Public and Retailers and any individuals directly or indirectly impacted by our Website.
This document governs the privacy notice of Sale Mania. Our privacy notice tells you what personal data and nonpersonal data we may collect from you, how we collect them, how we protect them, how we share them, how you can access and change them, and how you can limit our sharing of them. Our privacy notice also explains certain legal rights that you have with respect to your personal data. Any capitalized terms not defined herein will have the same meaning as where they are defined elsewhere.
When using our services and submitting PD to us, you may have certain rights including under the GDPR if you reside or are in any of the countries of the European Union. Depending on the legal basis for processing your PD you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The Right to Be Informed– You have the right to be informed about the PD that we collect from you and how we process them.
- The Right of Access – You have the right to get confirmation that your PD are being processed and you have the ability to access your PD.
- The Right to Rectification – You have the right to have your PD corrected if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten) – You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your PD if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing them.
- The Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your PD. When your PD are restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process them further.
- The Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request your PD that you provided to us and use them for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. Contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice to request your PD.
- The Right to Object – You have the right to object to
us processing your PD for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Automated Individual Decision-Making and Profiling – You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects regarding you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a Complaint with Authorities – You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Your California Privacy Rights (Please skip if not using Sale Mania from California)
As a Californian consumer you have certain
rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CaCPA) AB 375, some of these
- the right of Californians to know what personal information is being collected about them
- the right of Californians to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
- the right of Californians to say no to the sale of their personal information
- the right of Californians to access their personal information
- the right of Californians of the deletion of their personal information
- the right of Californians of equal service, price, and not being discriminated against even if they exercise their privacy rights
or more designated means for Californian consumers to submit requests under the
CACPA including (at minimum) a toll-free number, and if the business maintains
an Internet website, a website address.
Personal information includes:
- categories of personal information that a business collected about the consumer
- categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- specific pieces of personal information that the business has collected about consumers
- categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information
- categories of personal information sold
- categories of third parties to whom personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information sold for each third party to whom personal information was sold
- categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose
- categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer in the preceding 12 months, or a statement that it has not sold any personal information
- categories of personal information about the consumer that the business disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, or a statement that it has not disclosed any personal information for business purposes.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information that you enter at the time of registering an account on Sale Mania (including your name, email address, phone number, photo, logo, website address etc) and general information entered whilst using Sale Mania.
We may collect and process information when you enter a competition or promotion, when you make an enquiry in the “Contact us Form” and when you report a problem with Sale Mania. The information you give us may include but not limited to your name, e-mail address, password, telephone number and photograph.
In using any Sale Mania services, we may collect and save PD and NPD you provide. The contact details collected may include (but not limited to) names, phone numbers, email addresses, physical locations and general description of contacts. This information is generally required to assist Sale Mania to improve our service delivery to you. By providing us with any information, you confirm without reservations that you are authorized to provide us such contact details.
If you contact us by phone, email, or otherwise, we may keep a record of our correspondence with you for reference, improvement or training purposes.
We may also collect and process information you provide when you enter a survey (we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them).
Technical information may be collected automatically, including without limitation the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Details of your visits to Sale Mania may be collected automatically, including without limitation full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Sale Mania (including date and time), page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page (including information about how you use social media plug-ins), traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We are also working closely with third parties and authorities (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, fraud prevention service providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may also include the IP address of your device/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, and data about your browsing activity when using Sale Mania. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve Sale Mania.
When Using Sale Mania
When you use Sale Mania and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your PD.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies enable a website to remember users’ choices, such as their category preferences, preferred Retailers, usernames, and other choices while using the website. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user create a blog post, listen to audios, or watch videos.
- Media Cookies – These cookies can be used to improve a website’s performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by us or third parties who provide services to us.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies – These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
- Session Cookies – These cookies allow a website to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they use a website. Session cookie also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered. Session cookies expire after a browser session; they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies – These cookies are stored on a user’s device between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website or across different website or websites to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for several purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
- identifying the areas of our mobile that you have visited
- personalizing content that you see
- website analytics
- remarketing our products or services to you
- remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
- affiliate marketing
- allowing you to post comments
- allowing you to share content with social networks.
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of Sale Mania and your use of sale catalogues, special promotions, brochures, newsletters etc. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our information or data. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers and users.
Collecting Information About Your Physical Location
When you use Sale Mania, we may collect and process information about your actual physical location. We use several technologies such as GPS and IP tracking to determine your location. These technologies may also give us information about nearby cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other devices. This enables us to provide you with relevant services, Retailers and Businesses available to you.
Cross Device Tracking
We may use a service that tracks your behavior from device to device. This technology can track your responses from your desktop computer to your laptop, smartphone, and tablet, in any order when using these devices. We use the information we get from this technology to analyze traffic behavior, improve our service delivery, marketing and advertising.
Chat Software or Contact Forms
Sale Mania contains chat software or contact forms that enable visitors to communicate with us live online or offline by email. In some cases visitors can communicate with us without buying our products and services. When you use our chat software or contact forms, we may collect some or all the following information: your email address, first name, last name, location, and any other information you willingly choose to give us. You should limit the information you give to us to one that is necessary to answer your questions.
Google Ad and Content Network (AdMob)
to serve ads based on a user’s past visits to a website. Google’s use of
cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their
visits to the website and/or other websites on the Internet. Users may opt out
of the use of Google’s cookies for interest-based advertising by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ For
European users visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
Mania uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of Sale Mania.
Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender,
interests, demographics, how often they visit Sale Mania, what pages they
visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to Sale Mania. We
use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, improve
our marketing, advertising of Sale Mania. Google Analytics collects only the IP
address assigned to you on the date you visit Sale Mania, not your name or
other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected
using Google Analytics with PD. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent
cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you
visit the website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also
uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of Sale
- For more information on how Google collects and processes your data visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Sale Mania uses analytics and crash reporting services from several companies to collect information about the use of Sale Mania. Analytics collects information such as how often users visit a website, what pages they visit, when they do so, their IP addresses, their interests, demographics and other information. We use the information we get from analytics to improve our services.
Third parties, including Facebook, may use first-party cookies, third-party cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from our services and elsewhere on the Internet, and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads. With Facebook remarketing you may see our ads on Facebook after you have used our services. For this to happen Facebook uses unique cookies that are activated and placed in a visitor’s browser when they land on a webpage. Facebook lookalike audience targeting allows us to show ads on Facebook to people who are similar to those who have already visited or made a purchase from our services. To opt out of Facebook’s collection and use of information for ad targeting visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Sale Mania and applications may use remarketing advertising services. These remarketing services are provided by companies that show our ads on websites, applications, and devices across the Internet. With remarketing you may see ads for our products you have previously looked at. As an example, suppose you visit a website that sells computers, but you do not buy a computer on your first visit to that website. The website’s owner might like to encourage you to revisit their site and buy a computer by showing you their ads on other websites that you visit. We use remarketing for similar purposes. For this to happen remarketing companies will read a cookie in your browser. This can only happen if your browser is set to let it happen. You can opt out of these types of advertising cookies by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
What Happens If You Don’t Give Us Your PD
If you do not provide us with enough PD, we may not be able to provide you all our products and services.
How Your Information Is Used and Shared
We use the information we receive from you
- provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us
- personalize and customize our content
- make improvements to Sale Mania
- contact you with updates to Sale Mania, products, and services
- resolve problems and disputes
- contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
Communications and Emails
When we communicate with you about Sale Mania, we will use the email address you provided when you registered as a user or customer. We may also send you emails with promotional information about Sale Mania or offers from us or our affiliates unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can change your contact preferences at any time through your account or by contacting us using the contact information at the top of this privacy notice.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your PD to third parties for marketing purposes. However, for data aggregation purposes we may use your NPD, which might be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation would not contain any of your PD. We may give your PD to third-party service providers whom we hire to provide services to us. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to payment processors, web analytics companies, advertising networks, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies.
Sharing Your PD With Other Users
Some of your user personal information, including your location, first and last name, business type, LinkedIn and Facebook profiles, current place of work, job position, business name, business address, profile picture, email address, friend connections, spoken languages, business phone number, mobile number, business URL, username, and any image that you have uploaded to Sale Mania may be displayed to other users to help user interaction within Sale Mania or address your request for our services.
Your privacy settings in your account may let you limit which users can see your PD in your user profile and what information in your profile is visible to others. You understand that any content you upload to your public user profile, including PD, or content that you disclose online in a way that other users can see, including discussion boards, messaging, or other communication mechanisms becomes publicly accessible and can be used by anyone.
We do not filter or monitor what is posted
on discussion boards. If you post on these discussion boards or other
communication devices, you should use care when exposing any PD, as such
information is not protected by our privacy notice nor are we liable if you
disclose your PD through such postings.
Sharing Your Information When You Login Using Social Media Websites
We may share your information with third parties such as Facebook.com, Twitter.com, YouTube.com, Instagram.com, and Google.com. If you decide to login to Sale Mania using these third parties or other social media websites, you are agreeing to let us use and store your profile information from those websites to make better use of any social media features on Sale Mania. This sharing of information helps us provide you a better experience when using Sale Mania and services. It also provides us with useful information such as visitor traffic. If you use any of the social sharing icons on Sale Mania to share our information, you may also be sharing your personal information through social media websites.
Sharing Information With Business Partners
We may share your PD with our business partners. The business partners include general business partners, affiliates, and joint venture partners. We share this information with them so that they can send you information about our products and services as well as their products and services. When you choose to take part in our services and/or offerings, you are authorizing us to provide your email address and other PD to our business partners. Please understand that when we share your PD with our business partners, your PD becomes subject to our business partners’ as well as our privacy notice.
Text Messaging and Push Notifications
If you provide a mobile telephone number to us, you are giving your consent and authorize us or a third party to send you text messages and push notifications. You are not required to give us your consent for these text messages and push notifications. However, withholding your consent may interfere or prevent us from providing some or all of our services to you. You can stop receiving text messages and push notifications at any time.
Legally Required Releases of Information
be legally required to disclose your PD if such disclosure is (a) required by
subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement
officials or governmental enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate
violations of or otherwise enforce our terms and conditions; (d) necessary to
protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or
other users; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real
property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Disclosures to Successors
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing Sale Mania to you, we retain the right to transfer your PD to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your PD according to the terms of this privacy notice as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business. We also retain the right to transfer your PD if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
Community Discussion Boards, Blogs, or Other Mechanisms
Sale Mania may offer the ability for users to communicate through online community discussion boards, blogs, or other mechanisms. We do not filter or monitor what is posted on such discussion mechanisms. If you choose to post on these discussion mechanisms, you should use care when exposing any PD, as such information is not protected by our privacy notice nor are we liable if you disclose your PD through such postings. Also, PD which you post on Sale Mania for publication may be available worldwide by means of the Internet. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Retaining and Destroying Your PD
We retain information that we collect from you (including your PD) only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic, paper, or a combination of both forms. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
Updating Your PD
You can update your PD using services found on Sale Mania. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the top of this privacy notice and we will help you. However, we may keep your PD as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your PD at any time. Such optout will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates and business partners, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as payment processors, web analytics companies, advertising networks, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your PD, please contact us through the contact information at the top of this privacy notice.
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
If any postings you make on Sale Mania contain information about third parties, you agree to make sure that you have permission to include that information. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that Sale Mania not track your movement within Sale Mania. Sale Mania does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by Sale Mania. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
Links to Other Websites
Sale Mania may contain links to other websites. These websites are not under our control and are not subject to our privacy notice. These websites will likely have their own privacy notices. We have no responsibility for these websites and we provide links to these websites solely for your convenience. You acknowledge that your use of and access to these websites are solely at your risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy notices of these websites to see how they treat your PD.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Even though Sale Mania is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access Sale Mania. We do not knowingly collect PD from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using Sale Mania, please contact us. Before we remove any information we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing Sale Mania, we will delete his/her information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor have any liability to do so.
Our Email Policy
You can always opt out of receiving email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
We have built Sale Mania using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your PD. We and the third parties who provide services to us also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your PD. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee prevention of loss or misuse of your PD or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any login information and password you may have for Sale Mania and not share it with anyone.
Use of Your Credit Card
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from us. We use third-party billing services and have no control over them. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Transferring PD from the European Union
PD that we collect from you may be stored,
processed, and transferred among any countries in which we operate. The
European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have
an adequate level of protection of PD under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our company
relies on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the
GDPR. If you are a European Union customer or user, with your consent your PD
may be transferred to the United States or other countries outside the European
Union when you request information from us. When you buy goods or services from
us, we will use your PD for the performance of a contract or to take steps to
enter into a contract. Wherever we transfer, process, or store your PD, we will
take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect
from you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using Sale Mania, services,
or products you agree to the transfers of your PD described within this section.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time. If our company decides to change this privacy notice, we will post those changes on Sale Mania so that our users and customers are always aware of what information we collect, use, and disclose. If at any time we decide to disclose or use your PD in a method different from that specified at the time it was collected, we will provide advance notice by email sent to the email address on file in your account. Otherwise we will use and disclose our users’ and customers’ PD in agreement with the privacy notice in effect when the information was collected. In all cases your continued use of Sale Mania, services, and products after any change to this privacy notice will constitute your acceptance of such change. If you have questions about our privacy notice, please contact us through the information at the top of this privacy notice.